Saturday, January 4, 2014

Better Than Chef Boyardee Ravioli

I love cheese-stuffed pasta! So, we typically buy tortellini, gnocchi, or ravioli. Well, this time round, I wanted something more than just cheese ravioli with alfredo sauce. I have a couple of friends who love Chef Boyardee's canned ravioli (it's cheap and it has meat and it's quick and easy). But, I don't. But it sounded yummy. So, I decided to make my own!



Ingredients
25 oz bag of frozen ravioli
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2-3/4 cup of peas and broccoli (mixed together)
1 cup marinara sauce
Italian seasoning
oregano

Steps
1) Boil the ravioli--make sure to add in a drop or two of oil so they won't stick to each other. When it is boiled, drain it and set it aside in a large bowl (this step can be done at the same time as cooking the beef).


2) Brown the ground beef and sprinkle on Italian seasoning and oregano--make sure to drain of grease.
3) Once the beef is browned, add in the peas/broccoli and the marinara sauce. Stir and let it warm on low/medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.



5) Pour the meat/veggies/sauce into the large mixing bowl with the ravioli and mix together.


6) Enjoy some ravioli that is better quality and more delicious than Chef Boyardee's canned ravioli!

2 comments:

  1. This looks incredible! I actually made ravioli last night, but I only use pasta sauce on it, now Im wonder why on earth I don't add more to it! Im totally pinning this recipe to try later!!

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts to my story and I will gladly respond!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...