My parents and siblings came down to Provo last night for dinner. In my small, tiny apartment. We couldn't all fit into the kitchen at the same time to grab dinner, and two of us had to sit on the floor in the living room as we ate. It was definitely a full house. Especially considering that they brought their two puppies with them!
I was so excited to play with the puppies! Tucker is about 12 weeks old and Winnie was just bought Saturday at 6 weeks old. They were so adorable! Mom was worried the whole time that my allergies would act up, especially if the dogs were allowed on my furniture, but I wanted to enjoy my time with them, so I didn't really care. And my allergies hardly acted up! I even went to bed with a clear nose! I was the happiest girl alive and had so much fun!
Justin made his famous secret recipe burgers and Mom and Dad loved it! I also made potato salad the way mom taught me to. Afterward, we had ice cream sundaes.
We spent the time talking with each other, taking the puppies out to pee, playing the puppies, and showing each other new youtube videos. I decided not to take any pictures and rather, just enjoy the night.
It's interesting that the closer my family is to me in proximity, the more I like to be with them. When they were in California, I was ok with calling them every now and then. But now that they're only an hour away, I enjoy spending time with them a lot. Sometimes, I miss living at home. Would I exchange being married to have that again? No, never!!! Would I want to live in my mother's basement with my husband, not really. But it is nice seeing them often, especially knowing that next summer, when Justin graduates, we don't necessarily know where he'll get a job.
All in all, this was quite the relaxing weekend and I loved it.
Sounds like the perfect Sunday!
ReplyDeleteWhen we lived close to the hubby's family we all got together to have Sunday dinner. We miss those times.
Enjoy being so close!!
Awh, this just made me smile! I love family time :)
ReplyDelete