Occasionally, I get a word in about food. Tayler is a fantastic cook, and I'm not terrible either, but methinks she enjoys boasting about it a tad more than I do :)
Anyways, I figured I should post about some stuff I've made.
First off we have some Sweet and Spicy Chicken Pasta
One thing you should know is that I'm not very detailed in my ingredients. Partly because I am lazy, but also partly because I rarely use recipes and even rarer do I measure.
-Use your favorite pasta, I like Penne, but alfredo noodles work real well too.
-Sautee' some vegetables together. Get a nice mix of flavor and color. Zucchini, carrots, banana squash, peas, green beans are some of my favorite. I like using a creole seasoning salt with some brown sugar and butter to sautee' the vegetables.
-The chicken is what makes the dish. Cut up some chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Put medium-low heat on a frying pan, put a dash of oil (seriously, just a little), and equal parts ranch dressing and barbacue sauce. For best results, try Hidden Value Buttermilk Ranch and Winger's Amazing Sauce, but any sauce combo will do. Mix the chicken around in the sauces, and let it simmer once the chicken is coated well and the sauce mixed well. Stir occasionally until done.
-Once everything is done, put pasta on your plate, top with veggies, chicken, alfredo sauce, and sprinkle crushed red peppers to taste.
Again, real relaxed on the instructions, but I honestly couldn't tell you any better.
Next up, Chicken-Bacon Barbanera Pizza
-The crust is a anything you can find on the internet or in a store, the crust honestly isn't that big of a deal for this one. I used this one. Whatever you end up with, make sure to coat it in a lite layer of melted butter and sprinkle some italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder on it before you put anything else on it.
-The sauce is what makes this one. Try mixing 2 parts of a standard pasta sauce to 1 part of barbecue sauce. Mix in a good amount of garlic powder, italian seasoning, and a dash of crushed red peppers. Spread it liberally.
-Cheese. Lots of cheese. A cheddar-mozzarella blend will work just fine.
-Top with some chopped green peppers, strips of cooked chicken, and crushed bacon
-Bake at 400 for about 12-15 minutes, or however long your dough needs to cook.
Here are some of my recent cooking adventures. I don't all of mine up, but hopefully we'll see some more sometime soon.


Justin, I love you.
ReplyDeleteAnd sometime you should post about your burgers.
ReplyDeleteOh, the burgers will make an appearance...sometime....in the nearishmaybe future....
Delete