Thursday, June 3, 2010

22 More Days

Sigh.

22 more days until I leave for Wales. I have spent $4000 on all costs associated with this study abroad, including airline tickets. I have a meeting place with friends I am flying with. I am continuing to study the language. I have turned in my notice at work. I have my passport.

I am really going.

But.

It still seems too good to be true. I have always wanted to go to Great Britain. As a freshman in college, I had a passing fancy to do this study abroad, not only because it was centered where I wished to visit, but it also happened to be the cheapest one as well. It didn't happen - I thought it would never be able to happen.
Sophomore year, I started taking Welsh language courses, and went to the informational meetings for the study abroad. I applied. I got in. And now, I am going in 22 days.

For some reason, in the back of my mind, the voice keeps saying, "I'm not going. It's not going to happen." I'm too excited. Too nervous. Too impatient. Too anxious. Too happy.

I don't think it will truly set in that I am ACTUALLY going to Wales until I am on the plane, in the air.

22 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts to my story and I will gladly respond!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...