A friend from work was revealing to me all the reasons he liked me: cute, smart, funny, kind, high moral standards...
Wait. High moral standards? Wow, he noticed that? More than noticing, he cared about it enought to mention it? Wow. That's why he likes me? Becuase of that little part in my life that I have always taken for granted growing up in my church?
I smiled when he said that last night.
I am still smiling.
I want to take what he said and improve on it. I have been lacking a bit. I could do better in what I say and do. I could do better in my daily scripture reading. I should do better - I will do better.
If that small comment can affect me this much, make me smile and lift my self-esteem? And then take it and improve on it? Who else will notice? How will I feel about myself?
Thank you so much. You don't know how much those small, plain words meant to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
And your thoughts to my story and I will gladly respond!